Social Media – Part of a Complete Integrated Marketing Program
Social media marketing is often viewed as an independent marketing activity, but it is one of the most important aspects of a completely integrated marketing program.
Social media acts as the face of your business and needs to be integrated into every marketing activity you do.
Integrate social media in your marketing mix through this step-by-step process:
1. Network with new people who are interested in your product or service and provide your contact info, which should include your social media handles.
2. Expect that potential new clients or customers will either look your business up on Google or a social media platform like Facebook or LinkedIn. Track new names in your network.
3. Be proactive. Schedule regular social media posts on all your social media outlets to keep your current and new contacts connected with your business.
4. Keep the conversation active. Maintain the connection with your contacts with interesting posts that will keep your business top of mind.
5. Convert interest into new business by promoting opt-in content that leads to a face-to-face meeting.
Social media makes it possible for your business to get recognized and lead to a potential new customer or client. With the impact social media has on awareness, it should be a key part of your integrated marketing strategy.
If you're thinking about implementing social media into your marketing mix, click here to read about the first steps you should follow when it comes to social media marketing.